December 25, 2013

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas! Of course everyone relates December with the holidays. My family is starting a new holiday tradition this year. Since there are about 13 people in my family, we have decided to do secret Santa. If you don't know what this is, here's the gist: Everyone's name is written on a piece of paper and put into a hat. Each person draws a name from a hat and gets that person one gift.

This month, I asked some of my sponsors and friends:
What is your favorite holiday tradition or activity?




"Christmas is my favourite season. I spend plenty of time with my family and mostly with my children, as schools are closed for 2 weeks for the holiday period. What I really love doing with them this time of year is preparing gifts for our friends and relatives. We usually make tree ornaments. A unique one for each beloved person, using all our imagination, our skills and our love."

"In my family, since we are Polish we have a lot of little weird traditions. For Christmas dinner we don't eat meat. So my Mom makes a lot of fish, salads and soups. Right before we sit down to eat we say a little prayer and then we take some communion bread that is in the shape of a piece of paper and we all break a piece off. We go to each person at the dinner table one by one and tell them why we love them and some good wishes for the new year. For example I would always be told 'good luck in school, I hope you get good marks, etc.' I also really like decorating Christmas trees. :]"

36 comments:

  1. Love the decoration! Beautiful christmas tree :)

    NEW POST ON MY BLOG :)
    FantasyFashioned
    Merry X-MAS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!<3<3

    Merry Christmas,
    christymonicaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics. Merry Christmas and great holidays, too. :)
    fashionhappenss.blogspot.sk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! i love doing secret Santa :)
    lovely photos!
    xoxo Rose
    Bogibo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics! Merry Christmas dear Julia! :)

    My blog about my modeling dream: Mademoiselle Fede ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. my family and I also do Secret Santa as well haha! :D it would be nice if we could follow each other via bloglovin and gfc! Please let me know soon so I can do the same! Merry Christmas :">

    Cheers,
    itsjilliansday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jillian. I'd love to follow each other! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  7. I love putting up the tree! haha

    Happy Holidays!

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That and decorating the tree is fun too! Merry Christmas Sara!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful blog! Great your photo :)

    Lets follow each other on GFC?
    www.thecentralstreet.com

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madina! Thanks! I'd love to follow each other!

      Delete
  9. Hello girl! Beautiful blog! Great your photo :)

    Lets follow each other on GFC?)

    www.thecentralstreet.com

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my uncles dress up like santa and give the presents to everyone.
    Great blog follow each other? please let me know.


    GET SOMETHING SPECIAL ON THIS SEASON WITH MY GIVEAWAY!
    didianadi.blogspot.mx 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana, that is so fun! I do follow you!

      Delete
  11. Merry Christmas to you! My favourite Christmas activity is to watch my twin daughter discover their presents under the tree, it's priceless!
    Mafalda ❤
    www.mafaldadotzero.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mafalda! Merry Christmas, that sounds like such fun you have with your daughter!

      Delete
  12. interesting post! hope that you had a great christmas! would you like to follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Secret Santa is cool ;o) My favorite tradition is eating! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. following you on gfc and bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun! We did stockings this year and drew numbers for which we would get to open!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Julia. Belated Merry Christmas. We also did secret santa cause we have a big family. Being with my family and getting gifts from special someone is what I love about Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pauline! Merry Christmas and happy new year! That's so sweet, it sounds like you had fun!

      Delete