September 18, 2013

Starr's Paintings

As I was scrolling through my twitter account, I came across a tweet from @StarrVillandry. I directed myself to her Etsy shop, and I knew I wanted to share this amazing artist with my readers. StarrJoy16 specializes in canvas paintings, necklaces and other painted items including jewelry boxes and picture frames. I had the chance to get to know the creator behind this amazing artwork.

Starr, the owner and creator of StarrJoy16, was born and raised in California, loving art and loving to dance. She describes her funky style as "a little girly, little bohemian, little trendy, and a lot of fun," which overflows into her shop. Starr's style is unique. She starts with an image. Then, it's infused "with pops of bright color and a tie-dye / splatter paint detail."

Starr has been painting for a few years. She began creating gifts per friend requests- something for a friend's baby shower, or a wedding reception, or decor for children's rooms. Her friends encouraged her to sell her artwork. Soon, Starr launched her store "with canvas paintings and high hopes," recently in March 2013. Upon opening her shop, people were surprised to learn her shop name is Starr's first and middle name, as well as the date she was born (the 16th of March).

Aside from her unique name, StarrJoy16 is different in itself. Love keeps Starr motivated. She explains that, "it's the best feeling when someone appreciates what I've created and not only likes it, but wants to actually pay me for it and display it in their home." The excitement she feels from a client's approval of her finished artwork strengthens her spirit to create.

You can find StarrJoy16 around the net on EtsyFacebook, her Blog, and Twitter.

10 comments:

  1. Would you please explain to me what an "Esty" shop is? Sorry for my ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, it's no problem. Etsy is a website for sellers to display their handmade or vintage items for sale! Check it out: http://etsy.com

      Delete
  2. The pieces are really nice; colorful and unique. I'm your newbie twitter follower from the Grab a friend hop. Thanks for co-hosting!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Carica! I'm following your blog too :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you to everyone who likes my work! So sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! She is awesome. Love the Pendant and the canvas, its so cute. One of our bloggers is an artist and he will love this girl. Thank you for sharing and also for dropping by on my blog.
    I followed you back via GFC, Bloglovin and G+ as well :)
    Regards
    Patchoulii-Flog

    ReplyDelete