August 11, 2013

Talila's Bridal Jewelry

"Being an art designer with the ability to fulfill myself in working and doing what I enjoy- to transform it into an integral part of my daily life and to share it with so many people."

I came across a lovely little Etsy shop, Bridal Jewelry by Talila. They specialize in vintage inspired, handmade jewelry for weddings, holidays, and special occasions. Items in the shop include necklaces, bracelets, earrings, belts, sashes, hair accessories, garters and cufflinks.

I had a chance to interview the shop owner, Talila, who's background is very unique. All her life she had been interested in fashion - accessorizing shoes and bags by sewing on her own beads and jewels. She loves working with her hands to fix items. When Talila was younger, she studied auto mechanics and had even joined the army. Soon after, she came back to the fashion field and began making bridal jewelry.

Bridal Jewelry by Talila has been sold at wedding fairs and consignment shops. Talila loves to make jewelry according to her client's request. She custom creates accessories and jewelry to match bridal outfits.

Today, Talila is inspired through her motherhood. "I draw my strength from being a mother of two children" She has a 6 year old son with autism, and a 10 month old baby girl. Both keep her busy, and "fills me with love and inspiration."

Be sure to check out Bridal Jewelry by Talila on facebook, twitter, pinterest, their blog, and youtube!

5 comments:

  1. What pretty jewelry! Thanks for visiting my blog and following me! Following you via GFC and Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about the story behind the creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her work is beautiful!
    You're right, her background is quite unique...but fun :)

    ReplyDelete